Each candle is handcrafted in small batches to give you the most quality efficient candle as possible. To make sure your candle is performing to the best of it's ability please make sure to follow these care tips.
- Trim your wick before re-lighting your candle! For cotton wicks trim to 1/4" (6.35mm). For wood wicks trim to 3/16" (5mm). This will prevent the candle from having a flame that is too large. Additionally, helps prevent excess soot. Wick trimmers are ideal for cutting wicks, however, if you do not have a trimmer a nail clipper or scissors will work just as fine!
- When lighting your candle make sure you give it enough time to achieve a full melt pool before extinguishing your flame. This will prevent tunneling, when wax forms around the glass walls.
- Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours. If you burn a candle any longer you risk the glass getting too hot and breaking from the excess heat.
- Make sure to burn your candle in a safe environment. Away from pets, children, and flammable material. Additionally, do not place the candle where there are drafts. Always place on a heat resistant surface.
- Always remember to burn your candle within sight!
- Discontinue using your candle once 1/2" of wax remains. You risk overheating your glass when the wax gets this low.
Please note Erin & Avery Studio, Co. is not responsible for the misuse of candles.
Want to repurpose your candle jar after use?
You can remove the remaining wax by placing the jar in a pot with boiling water. Let the jar sit in the pot until the remaining wax is completely melted. Once melted, turn off the stove and safely remove the jar from the pot. Pour out the wax and clean out the jar.